Monday, April 25, 2011

The GigEasy Mounting System for iPad & iPad 2

Now that the iPad has been around for over a year companies are finally starting to come up with some great accessories that make it easier to use as a music reader. One of the most requested items by far is a product that allows you to mount your iPad to a stand. As soon as I purchased my iPad 2 I went into research mode to see what was out there and found a great product you should be aware of.

The GigEasy Mounting System for iPad
If you're like me you chose to use your iPad as a music reader to save space on stage as well as store all your songs in one place. After looking at all my options this was the iPad mount I decided to go with because of it's high quality build and the mounting system worked well with my existing setup.

As you can see in the picture to the right, it's very sleek and can mount onto any microphone stand. It uses spring loaded arms to grab each corner of your iPad which holds it firmly in place and makes it easy to take in and out of the mount. If you want to use the iPad in landscape mode all you have to do is turn it! It has notches that lock in into either view so it's really easy to change on the fly.

If you are looking to mount it to a mic stand that you are also using to sing into then all you have to do is purchase the extension arm. The arm attaches around the mic stand itself and has a threaded mount on the other end for the GigEasy to attach. This gives the GigEasy a lot of flexibility for different scenarios you might encounter. If you look at the pictures on My Keyboard Rig page you'll see that I actually mounted it directly to my keyboard stand. Since I have a mic boom attachment that mounts to my keyboard stand I am able to attach the extension arm to the boom and have my iPad appear as if it's floating in the air above my keyboards!

This GigEasy mount is $89.99 or $99.99 with the extension arm. It's not the cheapest mount on the market but due to it's quality build and versatility it's worth every penny.

1 comment: